One of the people that inspired me to start Blogger Idol was Tymothy Longoria. I think the first thing that drew me to him was the hashtag he used at the end of a tweet. It was #writersarethenewrockstars. I loved it. He told me that it was one of the first hashtags he ever used on twitter when he first started.
Shortly after that, he published a post called I Am Writer. It inspired me to write my own post about why I am a writer, called I'm gonna be a rockstar, which was then featured on his blog as my first guest post ever.
Their assignment for this week was to read those posts and write about what writing means to them... not just writing in their blog, but writing in general.
As you remember, last week, we had a double elimination. I can't believe that no one asked me how we would stay on schedule for the 12 weeks of the contest, with two people being eliminated.

Well, here it is:
When the auditions were held, the person at the bottom of the Top 12 scored 339. There were 3 people underneath that that all scored 338. Keeping with the style of American Idol, I dubbed the three of them 'wildcards'. This week, I sent them an email with this weeks assignment, and asked them to 're-audition'. Only two of the three responded, and it was a close call, but we decided that the person who was going to get a shot was:
![]() |
| Chess, from Chester the Best-er |
Chess
Chris
Cat Rainwater
Mama Spaghetti
Derrick
Roni
Justin Mannato
John Willey
Mama Mash
Voting for Week 4 is CLOSED!
